Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Paragliding at Tbilisi Sea!

Two weeks ago I went paragliding with a friend. So I'm sorry for not putting this post up earlier. I've been crazy busy with work and becoming grumpy from living in a city.
Luckily two weeks ago I had a little escape from it all. It has been on my bucketlist for years to go paragliding, so when my friend asked me if I wanted to join, I immediately said yes ofcourse!

Tbilisi Sea is an area just outside Tbilisi, where the concrete jungle rapidly changes into hills and small villages. And ofcourse the lake!
We had to drive over small dirtroads to get to the meeting point and that turned out to be quite a challenge. But we managed in the end and we parked the car. Now all that was left, was walking up the steep hill. Another challenge, but after 20 minutes we were at the top and heavily panting from exhaustion.

Everyone was already getting ready to jump off the hill (or run off the hill actually) and soon one of the guys walked up to me and asked if I wanted to go. Yes please!
So they strapped me in, launched the kite and before I knew it we were running off the hill and up in the air.
It kind of had the same feeling as kitesurfing in a way, except that with kitesurfing you're not actually flying. It was only a 2 minutes flight, but it was incredible! It's a feeling which is hard to describe, you have to experience it yourself. 
I didn't have to fly the kite, so I could just look around and enjoy the scenery.





Hope you enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment