Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Life on the road

First of all I have to apologize for not updating this blog in a while.
When I started my trip around Europe, I decided not to bring my laptop with me, but just my tablet.
Unfortunately I found out that updating a blog via tablet is nearly impossible, so I went back to Holland to get my laptop.

So, how is life on the road threating me so far?

I left Holland on the 15th of september to start my hitchhike adventure around Europe. First destination: Luxembourg.
My first ride was with an amazing and old circus truck. It was so old, it didn’t even have seatbelts. The truck was decorated with awesome paintings and lots and lots of party horns. If you like to be in the center of attention while driving on the road, this is the way to travel! Forget about Lambourgini’s and Ferrari’s, circus trucks it is!
Unfortunately, every ride comes to an end and so did this one. After I was dropped off, the driver took off with an orchestra of honking party horns.
After just 10 minutes of waiting, I was picked up by a great guy who lives in the french part of Belgium. It’s funny how at one point you’re sitting in an old circus truck and in the next moment you’re sitting comfortably in a Bentley. He dropped me off somewhere along the way and after that I was picked up by a dutch couple on their way for a holiday in Luxembourg. They took me all the way to the camping and from there I took a train to Luxembourg city where I was planning to stay for the night.
It was already starting to get dark and I hadn’t found a place to sleep yet, so I send some emergency requests on couchsurfing.
I got a reply from Paul and he offered to pick me up in the city. After he picked me up, we drove to his beautiful house, on a mountainhill. His house is shaped like a pyramid, so basically I slept in a pyramid under the stars. We had a couple of drinks in the garden (honey wine!!!!!!) and some amazing conversations came alive.
I can honestly say that Paul is one of the most beautiful people I met so far in my life. That’s the most beautiful part about traveling, the people you meet.
But as all good things come to an end, this night also came to an end and the next morning Paul dropped me off along the highway.
There I got picked up by a dutch guy, Frans, who took me all the way to Montpellier.
Frans and I are still in contact with eachother today and I also went back to Holland with him last week. Frans works on a project in Nimes, so he has to drive back and forth a lot.
At this point I’m still in Montpellier and loving every second of it. This week I will make a blogpost about Montpellier, because it is a great city to visit when you’re on the road.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment